Self-Righting Anchor Swivels
Self-RIghting Anchor swivel is made of High Strength Stainless Steel, polished mirror finish.
- Flip swivel – rotates anchor into the correct orientation if it retrieves over the bow upside-down
- Covers the size ranges from Rocna®/Vulcan® Anchors 6Kg through 55Kg
- Highest work load of any self-righting swivel on the market
- Will fit imperial and metric chain
- Unique in the market, meets the same load specs even in sideload
- Stainless Steel Grade: 17-4PH which is stronger than 316 while still offering excellent corrosion resistance
- Polished mirror finish
- Hardware included: loctite hexagon socket set screws, allen key, installation instruction.
|PID/ DESCRIPTION||LENGTH in||ANCHOR/CHAIN SLOT WIDTH in||ANCHOR SIZE kg||RECOMMENDED G40 CHAIN||WORKING LOAD LIMIT lb|
|4.2||0.56 / 0.39||Vulcan® & Rocna® 6-15 kg||1/4", 5/16", 7-8 mm||3900|
|4.36||0.74 / 0.516||Vulcan® & Rocna® 15-33 kg||5/16", 3/8", 9-11 mm||5400|
|5.02||0.844 / 0.516||Vulcan® & Rocna® 25-55 kg||5/16"-7/16", 10-11 mm *||7200|
Swivels are a popular accessory helpful in reducing rode twists and allowing the anchor to be rotated upon retrieval. A swivel should be rated to the breaking strength of the chain (not the working load), and care must be taken to avoid cheap, poorly engineered, and badly built designs.
When installing, be sure the swivel cannot be subjected to a veering load and can rotate properly. We do not recommend attaching the fork of a swivel directly to the anchor shank. It is safer to put a few links of chain between the swivel and the anchor. If this is done, an articulating •ball-and• joint• design is pointless, and an in-line rotating design will be of simpler construction and probably a better solution.
For more information, please consult the article on swivels on the Rocna Knowledge Base.